(Last Updated March 15th, 2020)
For the purpose of processing data, we may engage data processors or, at its sole discretion, hire other persons to perform certain functions on behalf of UVA Limited. In such cases, we shall take necessary measures to ensure that the personal data processors process your data following instructions of and applicable European Union legislation. Shall also require the individual data processors to implement appropriate measures for the security of personal data. In such cases, we shall ensure that such persons will be subject to the non-disclosure obligation and will not be able to use this information for any other purpose, except to the extent necessary to perform the functions assigned to them.
2. Acceptance And Use
3. Data Protection Principles
Personal data means any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as name, e-mail, address, telephone number, any form of identification number, or one or more factors specific to you or your beneficiary's identity.
We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws and will ensure that personal data is:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• Accurate and kept up to date;
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
4. Data We Collect About You
UVA Limited may collect two (2) types of information about you: personal and non-personal.
5. Personal Information We Collect About You (PIPEDA)
According to the federal personal information protection and electronic documents act, 2000 (PIPEDA), "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual. The information you provide to us is considered personally identifiable information, which may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information that can identify you. If PII cannot be related to an individual, it is considered anonymous. Whenever possible, UVA Limited works with anonymous information. This privacy statement does not apply to anonymous information.
6. Types Of Data We Collect From You
1. Personal Identifiable Information (PII). We acquire PII, where you register for an account, your user ID and password; that may include, in specific contexts, your Name, telephone number, e-mail address, as collected during installation of the app. We also collect some information during drivers registration, i.e. Valid Driving License, Vehicle Insurance, Proof of Residency, and Picture
2. Financial Information: Bank account information, payment card primary account number (PAN), transaction history, and tax identification.
3. Sensitive PII: Information about the transactions you make on our Services, such as the names, mobile number, e-mail address, and other information about the directly connected accounts to your account, which are attracted to our service by you.
4. Correspondence: Survey responses, the information provided to our support team or user research team.
7. Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g., demographic information or web site visitations). UVA Limited may collect non-personal information through any of the methods discussed above, as well as automatically through the use of industry-standard technologies described further below.
8. Information Collected Through Technology
While you visit the UVA Limited site and decide not to register for a user account. The UVA Limited or its third-party service providers may still collect non-personal information about your use of the website and mobile apps (e.g., Your internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your internet service provider). The following methods may gather such information:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your device's hard drive, which works by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the UVA Limited site. Cookies do not generally contain any personal information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not taking cookies may make certain features of the UVA Limited materials unavailable to you.
(b) IP address. You may visit many areas of the UVA Limited site anonymously without the need to become a registered user. Even in such cases, UVA Limited may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin services with an internet services provider. Each time you access the UVA Limited site and each time you request one of UVA Limited' pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Beacons. Beacons are small pieces of data embedded in web pages and e-mails. UVA Limited may use these technical methods in html e-mails that UVA Limited sends to users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails or clicked on links in those e-mails.
9. Payment Processing And Payment Processor
Note your payment card details are not shared with UVA Limited by the provider
10. Other Information You May Submit
You may submit data to us for limited purposes such as requesting customer support, answering a questionnaire, participating in a survey, entering contests or sweepstakes, or signing up to receive communications from another us.
11. Automatically-Collected Information
12. Information We Collect From You Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with or use the UVA Limited website and mobile apps. This information helps us address customer support issues, improve the performance of the UVA Limited website and mobile apps, providing you with a streamlined and personalized experience, and protect your account from fraud by detecting unauthorized access. Information collected automatically includes:
● Online Identifiers: Geo location/tracking details, browser fingerprint, operating system, browser name, and version, or personal IP addresses.
● Usage Data: Authentication data, security questions, click-stream data, public social networking posts, and other data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
For example, we may automatically receive and record the following information on our server logs:
● How you came to and used the UVA Limited website and mobile apps;
● Device type and unique device identification numbers;
● Device event information (such as crashes, system activity, and hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL);
● How your device interacts with UVA Limited website and mobile apps and Services, including pages accessed and links clicked;
● Broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level area); and
● Other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser.
We may also use identifiers to recognize you when you access our website and mobile apps via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third party site
13. How We Use Your Data
We may use your data for the following purposes:
• Identification and authentication: we use your data to verify and process when you place an order.
• Communicating with you: we use your data when we communicate with you (e.g., when we respond to customer support or other inquiry).
• Improving our services: we use your data to understand how you use our services and how we can improve them. In general, we analyze aggregated data rather than specific user data. We may, however, need to analyze a particular case to address a problem (e.g., a bug that affects only a few accounts).
• Customizing your experience: we use your data to personalize the service to you. May include remembering your preferences for language or volume or displaying site that you might enjoy, based upon your viewing choices.
• To ensure network and data security: We process your personal information to enhance security, monitor and verify identity or service access, combat spam or other malware or security risks, and to comply with applicable security laws and regulations. The threat landscape on the internet is continuously evolving, which makes it more critical than ever that we have accurate and up-to-date information about your use of UVA Limited Services.
• Marketing and advertising: we use your data to display ads and send you offers. We may also use your data in delivering third-party advertisements to you. These may include "targeted ads" based upon your activities.
• Exercising our rights: Where reasonably necessary, we use your data to exercise our legal rights and prevent abuse of our service. For example, we may use your data to detect and prevent fraud, spam, or content that violates our terms of service.
• Legal compliance: we use your data where we are legally required to do so. For example, we may need to gather your data to respond to a subpoena or court order.
• Protecting your information: where appropriate, we may anonymize, backup, and delete specific data.
• For research and development: We process your personal information to understand better the way you use and interact with UVA Limited' Services. Also, we use such information to customize and improve UVA Limited features and the content and layout of our site and applications, and to develop new services.
We may use algorithms and other automated means to implement any of the above.
14. Remarketing On The Website and mobile apps And Services
15. Google Adwords
16. With Whom We Share Your Data
We share data with third parties as follows: With your consent, we may share your data with third parties where we have obtained your express permission to do so. You may revoke these consents.
• Authorized vendors: We may share your data with third-party vendors that help us operate our website and mobile apps, process payments, and comply with your instructions and our contractual obligations. These include payment processors, content delivery networks (CDNs), cloud-based hosting services, monitoring services, e-mail service providers, quality assurance and testing vendors, fraud and abuse prevention vendors, customer relations management (CRM), vendors
• Advertising: We may share your data with advertising companies to display relevant ads to you. Unless you expressly agree, we will not share or sell your name, e-mail address, or physical address with such persons.
• Analytics: We may share your data with persons who provide analytics showing how customers are using our services.
• Affiliates and advisors: We may share your data with our affiliates company and our auditors and advisors for planning, financial reporting, accounting, auditing, tax filings, and legal compliance. Unless you expressly agree, we will not share your data with our parent or any affiliate for other purposes, such as direct marketing.
• Certain legal situations: we may share your data where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or in connection with a corporate transaction.
17. Do Not Track
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in specific web browsers and devices. DNT is a way for users to inform website and mobile apps and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across website and mobile apps or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
18. Interest-Based Advertising Technologies
As noted above, you may limit advertising tracking using advertising identifiers through your device's privacy settings.
The online advertising industry also provides website and mobile apps from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
19. Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as you have an account. When you close an account, we will delete your personal information. We may keep logs of automatically collected information (for internal analytics); your e-mail address, your tax information; communications with you; and your transactional information (for auditing, tax, and commercial purposes). When we no longer have a business reason for retaining data, we will delete or anonymize it.
If we receive legal process about your account, we will retain your data for as long as we in good faith believe it is necessary to comply with the legal process.
20. EEA Data Subjects
Legal Bases for Processing your Information:
For individuals who reside in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland (collectively "EEA Residents"). At the time their data is collected, we rely on legal bases for processing your information under Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). We generally only process your data where we are required to, where the processing is necessary to perform any contracts we entered with you (or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you). For our legitimate interests to operate our business or to protect the UVA limited site or your property, rights, or safety, or where we have obtained your consent to do so. Below is a list of the purposes described in our policy with the corresponding legal bases for processing.
21. Your Privacy Choices
We enable you to make numerous choices about your data:
• You may choose not to provide us with certain information. For example, you may decide not to create an account or not place an order on our website and mobile apps.
• You may change your account and privacy settings. You may change or correct information voluntarily submitted to us. We encourage you to keep your data current by viewing your settings page.
• You may opt-out of receiving commercial e-mails from us.
• You may close your account
• Users from certain countries may have additional rights.
22. Our COPPA Policy Towards Children
UVA Limited complies with both the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and, concerning EU data subjects, with GDPR. We do not knowingly request to collect personal information required for the UVA Limited user account from any person under the age of 13.
Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 13 using our website and mobile apps so we can take action to prevent access to our Services.
23. Cross Border Transfers
To facilitate our global operations, UVA Limited may transfer, store, and process your information within our family of companies, partners, and service providers based throughout the world.
We contractually obligate recipients of your personal information to agree to at least the same level of privacy safeguards as required under applicable data protection laws. By communicating electronically with UVA Limited, you acknowledge and agree to process your personal information in this way.
If you have a complaint about our privacy practices and our collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, please submit your request via any of UVA Limited provided Contact Us mediums.
24. Data Transferred Out Of The EU
UVA Limited is the publisher of the website and mobile apps and confirms its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal information received from the European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov.
UVA Limited does its best to process personal information it receives under the standards of Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Before, we share your information with any third party. The UVA Limited will enter into a written agreement that the third party provides at least the same level of privacy safeguard as required under those Frameworks, and assures the same level of protection for the personal information as required under applicable data protection laws.
Worldwide data subjects with inquiries or complaints relating to UVA Limited Privacy Shield internal policy should first contact UVA Limited by filling the CONTACT US form provided in www.UVA Limited.com. If we are unable to resolve your complaint or dispute, you may refer your complaint to our designated independent dispute resolution mechanism, i.e., the International Centre for Dispute Resolution ("ICDR").
25. Privacy Shield
26. Legal Bases For Processing (For EEA Users):
If you are an individual in the European economic area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. These means we collect and use your information only where:
• We need it to provide you the services, including to operate the process your orders, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the services;
• It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
• You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
• We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because a third party (e.g. your employer) or we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, and this may mean no longer using the services
27. Security Measures For Safeguarding Your Information
UVA Limited takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of (a) UVA Limited' data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where UVA Limited stores personal information.
28. Third-Party Site And Links
The UVA Limited contents may contain links to third parties who may collect personal information and non-personal information directly from you. Additionally, UVA Limited may use third parties to provide components of the UVA Limited contents. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of UVA Limited. UVA Limited: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such site, and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the materials, products or services offered on such website and mobile apps or the security of any information you provide to them
29. California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, UVA Limited do not monitor or take any action concerning these signals or other mechanisms.
30. E-mails Communications
By creating an account, you consent to receive commercial e-mails from us. This includes newsletters and offers. Users from certain countries may have the ability to opt-out or opt-in at the time of account creation. All users may decline to receive commercial messages in their account settings. Please note that any opt-out request may take several days to process, and you will continue to receive transactional e-mails from us (e.g., e-mails confirming transactions or providing information about your account).
31. Data Security
We are committed to maintaining the security of your data. And have measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the data under our control. We employ modern and secure techniques to protect our systems from intrusion by unauthorized individuals, and we regularly upgrade our security as better methods become available.
Our data centers and those of our partners utilize new physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access to the facility. Also, all personal data protected in a location behind firewalls and other sophisticated security systems with limited (need-to-know) administrative access.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, although we use industry-standard practices to protect your privacy, we cannot (and do not) guarantee the absolute security of personal data.
32. GDPR Statement For (EEA Users)
These apply only to natural persons residing in the European economic area (for this section only, "you" or "you're" shall be limited accordingly). It is UVA Limited' policy to comply with the EU'S general data protection regulation (GDPR). Following the GDPR, we may transfer your personal information from your home country to the United States (or other countries) based upon the following legal frameworks:
• Legitimate business interests: We could not provide our services or comply with our obligations to you without transferring your personal information to the United States
• Consent: we may transfer your personal information when we receive your express, revocable consent.
We enable exercise of these rights primarily through our services (which we reserve the right to modify). We also fulfill our obligations in response to direct requests. We will endeavor to process applications within one month. Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to the extent that they would cause us to violate any law or infringe any other person's rights. We reserve the right to request appropriate identification. We will process requests free of charge unless they impose an unreasonable cost on us.
If you have a request, complaint, or inquiry, please contact our data protection officer at the address listed below. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any issue. You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory data protection authority of your jurisdiction.
33. GDPR Data Privacy User Rights
If you are an EU resident and UVA Limited is processing, or transmitting your data, then you - as an "EU data subject" – benefit from the following rights and privileges under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
• Right of Access
• Right to rectification.
• Right to erase your data:
• Right to Data Portability
• Right to Restrict the Processing of your data
• Right to Object
34. Your Right To Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent without detriment at any time by contacting us email@example.com. You can also change your marketing preferences. If we do not satisfactorily resolve your request or concern, you may contact our data protection officer; his e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
35. Opting Out Of Messages From Us
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should unsubscribe in the body of the promotional message sent to you (found at the bottom of the e-mail) or send an unsubscribe request to us at email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
36. Opting Out Of Sharing With Third Parties For Marketing
If you do not want your Personal Information or Personal Data shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt-out of such disclosures by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you will opt-out in this manner, certain aspects of the website and mobile apps may no longer be available to you. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
37. Opting Out Of Interest-Based Advertising
The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from individual data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising set forth by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance ("EDAA").
38. California Residents Consumer Act CCPA
California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal
The information which we share with our affiliates and third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, please see the section below headed "Additional Information for users in the European Economic Area" for further information about your privacy rights.
39. California Resident Rights (CCPA)
According to California Civil Code 1798.83 (the "Shine the Light" law), we will provide you a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. If you are a California resident who provided us with Personal Information during the creation of or during establishing a relationship that is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may, once per the calendar year, request information regarding our disclosure of specific categories of your Personal Information. You must submit your request to us either by our e-mail address
40. Privacy Complaints Procedure
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under this Privacy Notice or the applicable law, you may have the right to make a complaint to a relevant Data Protection Authority or through the courts. Although not required, we would encourage you to let us know about any claim you might have, and UVA Limited will respond in line with our complaints procedure – our contact details are set out in the contact us section below.
We want to deal with your concerns reasonably, effectively, and promptly. However, some complaints are more complex than others and may take some time to investigate.
• We will acknowledge your complaint promptly after receiving it
• We will keep you informed throughout any investigation
To assist in the speedy resolution of any complaint you may have, we must understand your claim thoroughly. Sometimes this means we may ask you to address your concerns to us in writing. These can be either by e-mail or post to the addresses. We have established internal procedures for investigating any complaint, which may also involve experienced members of staff from UVA Limited Companies considering or investigate the complaint. Where appropriate, the claim will be dealt with by someone who was not directly involved in the matter which is the subject of your complaint. The member of staff will either have the authority to settle your claim or will have ready access to someone who has the power. Our response will adequately address the subject matter of your complaint and, if appropriate, will offer redress. If you phone us during our investigation and the member of staff handling your claim is not available, then another member of our team will try to assist you.
Unless applicable data protection laws require responses within shorter timescales, we will try to resolve any privacy complaints you have within 15 business days of receiving your complaint and, in exceptional circumstances, within 35 business days.
As noted above, if you are not satisfied with our reply/outcome, or otherwise with the handling of the complaint, you may have the right to lodge a claim before a relevant Data Protection Authority or the courts.
41. Security And Personal Information
The site uses the best methods to store and secure all Personal Information on servers with restricted access and electronic security technologies. Not to withstand the preceding, the website and mobile apps cannot guarantee that such precautions would render the site and its servers immune to security breaches.